LEARN TO KITESURF WITH A COMPREHENSIVE 5 DAY KITESURFING COURSE
£460.00 – £480.00
A standard IKO course is 3 days but this is what we more realistically think it will take to have confidence and some level of competence to safely head out without the school.Learn to kitesurf with this comprehensive 5 day kitesurfing course from IKO qualified kitesurf and powerkite instructor Chris Miles of BEKS -Brighton Elementary Kitesurfing School. We offer all types and stages of IKO kitesurfing lessons, from private lessons to package courses that can be booked with ease online.
IKO Level 1 Discovery Lesson for day 1 and then IKO level 2 Intermediate Lesson for day 2 followed by level 3 Independent Rider Lesson. After this we will take another day to solidify your board skills by controling the direction and having you lean back more confidently against the kite. The final day we will see you moving upwind and if possible add turns or even your first jumps !
Duration: 23 hours
( Note: If you wish to book specific dates for your course, please call the office to make a booking during peak season or if you would like to choose a date later with the instructor and for open bookings use the add to cart option. Remember that none of our courses have to be taken consecutively just as and when there is wind and you are free)
NEW! Your 5 Day Kitesurfing Course is discounted during weekdays (April- October) . A comprehensive kitesurfing package course that puts together all three days of the IKO syllabus plus two extra days of fine tuning your boardskills, moving upwind and turning for beginner kitesurfing clients in Brighton, Sussex, Kent and London areas.
This course combines IKO days 1 , 2 and 3 so please take a look at the specific information on each day in the dropdown tags under “lessons” for each days detail separately. This Comprehensive 5 Day Kitesurfing course is suitable for people who have no kitesurfing experience at all and it takes you from complete beginner to independent kitesurfer and beyond.
This is done in 5 basic steps- firstly you will practice your kite flying skills on dry land in day one with various different kites. Next, you combine this with safety drills and flying skills designed to show you how to move through the water with your kite. Day two will culminate with your board starts and first run attempts on the board. Then in day three you can start to take all the basics you have acquired in days 1 and 2 and hopefully translate them into board riding and developing stance as well as starting to employ other techniques such as moving upwind on the board.
The next stage will depend on how far you have come but we aim to develop confidence and exercise more control over your board direction and developing enough power to lean back on your kite . We then look to develop turns and jumps. You do not have to take the days consecutively.
- Site Assessment-weather forecast, wind, tide and possible hazards.
- Wind window theory
- Buddy communication
- Set up of equipment and powerkite
- Safety systems and release for powerkite
- Flying skills,steering and control
- Launch and land practice
- Twist and untwist lines whilst flying
- Walking with the kite
- Kite set up and handling for 4/5 line kites
- Pre flight checks
- Quick release inspection
- Safe launch and landing technique
- Power adjustment and flight checks
- Kite control and depower familiarity
- Self- landing
- Pre-flight safety checks and site assessment
- Determine wind strength, direction,quality and kite to use.
- Independent kite set up and handling
- Water entry with kite under control.
- Water landing and relaunch
- Kite positioning in the wind window
- Downwind bodydrag in both directions
- Board recovery with one handed bar control
- Water start kite swoop and board positioning theory
- Water start in both directions practice
- Controlled stops
- Deep water pack down.
- Right of way rules
- Independent set up and site assessment
- Appropriate launch.
- Water start and ride in both directions
- Start to edge the board to create stability
- Start to move upwind
- Change of direction without stopping
- Small jumps and toe-side turn
Days 4 and 5
- Fine tune your boardskills
- Develop confidence and exercise more control over board direction
- Learn to develop more power and lean back moving upwind
- Balance board direction with placement and movement of the kite
- Start or develop better turning techniques
- Practise basic jumps!
( Note: If you wish to book specific dates for your course,
please call the office to make a booking during peak season or
if you would like to choose a date later with the instructor
and for open bookings use the add to cart option. It’s also worth remembering that none of our courses need to be taken on consecutive days)